Thursday, June 17, 2010

वेर्बुम डोमिनि मानेट इन एतेर्मुम Verbum domini manet in aetermum

Simul iustus et peccator. Here's my thing, there is nothing I did yesterday that can or will serve to save me, it says even my good works are like dirty towels to God! You need to know that there are no ideas, philosophies, new age thinking or good morals that will set you free from the bondage of just being a sinner. You were one when you were born and while you insist on living your life in rebellion to the God who humbled himself by coming of his throne to serve as a blue collar worker and penniless preacher you will remain on your chosen path to destruction. I can barely take a breath, right a word, think a thought without sinning which is of course why I am entirely dependent on living in Christ, having my identity in him, putting to death the old self for a new self living in communion with Christ and his saints.

What's the point then? The point is to look ahead, see you are work in progress and gaze in awe at the cross. That's where you see the extent of God's love for you. And if you want to learn what on earth I am talking about - Verbum domini manet in aetermum - the word of the Lord endures forever - so get into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment